Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dennis tennis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,037
Like?
If Olympus designers or spies are reading
Dec 4, 2012

Please, re-consider your current retro kick.  the OMD is a good camera but superfluous retro - modern styling makes it uncomfortable.  This iis the first Olympus camera that hurts me.  The battery grip has such a sharp ledge underneath the protruding front dial that in cold weather it is rubbing the top portion of my middle finger.  I own over 20 DSLR/MSC and this is the first camera to hurt me.  Also, as people have mentioned, but it bears repeating, what genius designed the rear dial on the battery grip?  The dial bites into my palm, in addition to changing the settings.

yeah, if you don't own one, you can look at it and say.  wow, retro and modern at the same time.  If you use it, you'll say ouch, does being stylish have to hurt?  I bought it for one reason, the improve IBIS on legacy lenses.

When you release the pro version, remember your roots, remember how great the E1 was, even when paired with heavy SHG lenses.  Remember that classic body, or the E20, or the E5,heck the E620.

You don't have to be ashamed of your past, and act as if you've never built DSLRs.  Straight edges and sharp corners on a camera?

Olympus E-5 Olympus E-620 Pentax Optio E20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow