EF 24-70 2.8 L II Review Up on Lenstip

Started Dec 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
jjnik
Senior MemberPosts: 1,286Gear list
Like?
Re: Please get back to us when SLR gears clears up the issue and retest the Nikon 24-70
In reply to gobiassumcoffee, Dec 4, 2012

gobiassumcoffee wrote:

Apewithacamera wrote:

to your liking.

There are plenty of fine tests out there that others have already linked to. I just think it's kinda hilarious that you can't tell that picture is badly focused. I'm guessing the SLR gear guys are just too lazy to fix it, but I'm not sure what your excuse is other than latching on to a horrendous comparison since it makes the Nikon look 10x worse than the Canon to anyone who can't recognize bokeh when they see it.

They likely can't tell whether an image is in focus or not because most of these geniuses don't ever really take pictures - they sit in their rooms measurebating all day long!

Nikon...Canon...who cares? The Nikon camp has had a class leading 24-70 since 2007 and now, 5 years later, Canon might have an even better 24-70 lens option for their system.  That's great for the Canon guys!  But that  has ZERO impact for Nikon owners, just like the nikon 24-70 G should have had no impact for Canon shooters.

Geez...just go take pictures and stop worrying what the other guys have!

jjnik's gear list:jjnik's gear list
Nikon D4s Nikon D700 Nikon D800E Nikon 1 AW1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow