What to do with £600 any suggestions please?

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Messiah Complex
Regular MemberPosts: 132Gear list
Like?
Re: What to do with £600 any suggestions please?
In reply to Car629, Dec 3, 2012

You have a well-rounded set-up as it is; there is no point in spending a ton of money just for spending's sake.  You'll just end up with a bunch of expensive equipment you'll never use.

Use the equipment you have. Work with it until you identify something your equipment is lacking.  If you find that you enjoy landscape photography, and want something wider than 18mm; or if you like close-ups and want a macro lens; or you discover portraiture and want a flash; ‚Äčthat‚Äč is when you want to go buy new equipment.

If you're saying to yourself, "I have $600; what should I buy?", then the answer is "nothing", because its clear you don't need it.  When you're saying to yourself, "I have $600 and I know what I want to buy", that is the time to spend the money.  Until then, keep it in the bank.

Messiah Complex's gear list:Messiah Complex's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow