ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
scott6485
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Fond farewell to my trusty S90!
Dec 3, 2012

Fond farewell to my trusty S90!

I'm retiring my S90 after three full years of faithful service.  I purchased the G15 to replace it.

Sure... the S90 had more noise and less resolution than my DSLR, with a humble little lens and a small 1/1.7" sensor, but this camera went everywhere with me.  It was the camera I took camping, hiking, mountaineering, mountain biking, kayaking, vacations, day trips, and informal get-togethers with family and friends.

I didn't need giant prints or perfect images when pixel peeping.  The pictures were usually "good enough", making it a fun challenge to see how good of a picture you could get with this little camera.

So here's a toast to my trusty S90 and a few of my shots from this versatile little camera.

Feel free to add any of your favorite S90 pictures if you liked this little camera as much as I did.

Maroon Bells - Setup my little tripod next to 50 other photographers with DSLRs, attached a Lensmate polarizer filter, 2-second timer, and a little exposure compensation.

Mesa Arch - Slept in too late, arrived behind a dozen entrenched photographers with $10K setups.  We held the S90 over the other photographers heads, took three shots, and stitched them together with Microsoft ICE.

Torreys Peak - The rising sun lit up Torreys Peak for only about a minute, so I ran into the field of paint-brushes, and laid down on my elbows.

Mountain Goat - It is nice to carry a light camera when climbing the Colorado Fourteeners.  You never know what you will see.

Chapman Dam - The lighting was great.  I used a little tripod, put an ND filter on the Lensmate adapter and took a long exposure in Tv mode to get the silky waterfall look.

Colorado National Monument - A small camera is with you much more of the time, so you have a much better chance of capturing an unexpected opportunity.

Orionids Meteor - I used the CHDK firmware hack to take continuous 15-second exposure pictures on a tripod for 45 minutes.  This was the best of two meteors I caught.

Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot S90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow