ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Timskis6
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,562
Like?
D700 + MB-D10 sequential battery use
Dec 3, 2012

Hi all,

My first attempt at star photography surfaced a question regarding battery usage/management for time lapse in cold weather. I set the camera to take 1 exposure every 30 seconds for 300 exposures, expecting to just try and get as many photos as possible using both the internal battery and additional grip battery in cold weather.

I set the D700 to use the external grip battery first, then use the internal camera battery second (both genuine batteries).

What ended up happening is the camera took the appropriate sequence/interval shots, but stopped the interval sequence once the grip battery was depleted (70 images), leaving the internal battery unused (and the potential for 70+ more images).

Is there a way to solve this issue? Or is it not possible to use both batteries in sequence using the camera's built in intervolameter? Is what I'm wanting possible with a remote, and just holding down the shutter in burst mode with a 30s shutter speed?

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Tim
www.developemotion.com
'I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list.'
E3/7-14/12-60/35-100/150/EC20
http://www.flickr.com/photos/timskis6/

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow