Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Meuh
Senior MemberPosts: 2,088Gear list
Like?
K5 to em-5
Dec 3, 2012

Is there anyone here that has made the switch?
I'm thinking about it, I currently have a gf1 and 20mm f1.7, I know the gf1 is a bit old but it in no way comes close to the k5 so im wondering just how far the em-5 has come?
I mostly do strobe work (with radio triggers and manual strobes) and shoot at iso 80, I know the em-5 starts at iso200 how does the image quality compare and can it be pushed as much in post?
How would the 50-135 f2.8 compare to the da* 50-135 f2.8?
Also the ergonomics and features, I love the sensor shift in the k5 (its great for products)... I know I will lose this, I also love the fact I can change iso,shutter, apeture and focus points without taking my eye from the view finder can this be done with the em-5 too?
How dose the EVF compare to the optical one on the k5? I've been playing with a gh2 and as a photographic tool I don't find it as good and the evf while making manual focusing much easier doesn't feel that nice but the em-5's is better?

Meuh's gear list:Meuh's gear list
Samsung GX-10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Pentax K-5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +3 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow