Yeah, David Busch"s OMD-E-M5 guide arrived!

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
barb42
Forum MemberPosts: 66Gear list
Like?
Yeah, David Busch"s OMD-E-M5 guide arrived!
Dec 3, 2012

I have been a photographer for decades and hate manuals in general as they tiny and use small print and tend to be boring and hard to read (meaning the clarity of thought is often missing - which is especially true with the E-M5). I usually just try things out or ask friends. I took a chance on David's manual as I have little time to spend reading on the internet searching for information.  I only know a couple of people with the E-M5, which is amazing in itself. However, due to some posts here, I canceled the order once but then re-thought the situation and re-ordered. I am glad I did. David did a great job and I immediately found his book very useful. The pictures/figure drawings offer clarity and he explains things in a very precise manner. Perfect for a newer photographer or someone just new to M4/3, like me. I came from 12 years with Canon, most of it with full frame. Canon is a different language and style of working so I am starting over with Oly.

If you find the original Oly manual good enough, stick with it - I am sure you will be fine, but if you want something easier to use or just plain more fun, get David Busch's Olympus E-5. I have already found some interesting things about this camera that I didn't see as I perused the manual. It was a 'duh' moment, but appreciated nonetheless. I look forward to reading the rest of his book.

barb42's gear list:barb42's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow