A little feedback please if you don't mind.

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
AvyMan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,397
Like?
Re: A little feedback please if you don't mind.
In reply to Car629, Dec 3, 2012

Car629 wrote:

I have decided that I am not very good at landscape photography. My husband and I drove round yesterday afternoon looking for places to photograph and I was at a loss. I just can't see the wood for the trees as the saying goes. Yes there are some beautiful places here in the North of Scotland but when I see something that I think might look good it just does not turn out the way I imagined it would. I think from now on I should stick to my little home studio setup as I have a better success rate.

Carol

From what I've seen of your photography you do have a good eye. Per you single-flower post a short while back with your studio setup you obviously also know about light and contrast. (I posted a slight adjustment to one.)

You can use this for landscapes as well, especially with the natural light you have at your latitude--soft, warm, low sun angle, etc. One can take a relatively boring subject and turn it into a great photo by taking advantage of light and contrast at certain times of the day. Capitalize on good side lighting, low warm sun angles, use a polarizer, etc., to make the most out of your light.

Try shooting in "bad" weather such as fog. That can produce some very dreamy, moody photos of scenery you might otherwise find boring.

Anyway, don't give up! You obviously enjoy photography. Just try some different techniques or timing (for light) to enhance things you like to shoot. You already do that in your studio. Apply that in the field.

Nick

-- hide signature --

photography -- a compatible blend of tech and art --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow