Torn between the Zuiko 45mm, 60mm and 75mm

Started Nov 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gregm61
Forum ProPosts: 13,392Gear list
Like?
Re: I went for the 45mm
In reply to bluevellet, Dec 3, 2012

bluevellet wrote:

I was still kinda impressed with the 60mm and will probably pick it up just before Xmas. I didn't find AF very reliable in 1:1 and f2.8 iin that mode really has a razor thin DOF (so I stopped it down for some shots). But otherwise, if you nail the macro shoits, it's just what I want in a macro lens. Normal, non-macro shots seem to work fine (though you have to remember to set the proper )AF setting first).

Probably why most people who shoot in the 1:1 range manually focus. The regular size AF box would cover too large an area. It'd be easy for the system to pick a spot to AF that was in the AF area, but not the exact area you wanted to use. DOF at f2.8 may be so thin even the smallest AF box could still be too big. I've done a lot of closeups with mine where the AF was effective but none so close it was anywhere near 1:1.

You certainly cannot go wrong with the 45/1.8.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-300 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow