expert help please!!!!

Started Nov 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
meagre offerings
Senior MemberPosts: 3,119Gear list
Like?
Re: Couple of thoughts
In reply to Catallaxy, Dec 3, 2012

Catallaxy wrote:

Just keep in mind that the strength of the D200 is its excellent metering. Adding a Katz Eye will change the metering in spot and center weighted. I would not do that if you plan on using those two modes.

In addition, the 18-55 VR is a terrible lens to MF. So I guess I do not understand your OP at all. You go on and on about manual focusing and old Nikkors and then buy the cheapest, hardest to MF digital kit lens?

You seem to be buying some sort of hybrid that will not do what you stated you wanted, but not do very well in the digital world either.

Well, I guess time will sort it out. My father in law tried the same (MF of the kit lens, in Auto no less on the D40) and his shots were crap. He blamed the camera and digital and won't use it now. Refuses to even try AF.

-- hide signature --

Catallaxy

hi

the af lenses are to use with the d200 for general snapshot type images, hence them only being `cheap` lenses, i will be slowly sourcing some older nikkon ais lenses to use if and when required.

sorry to go on and on about manual focusing etc, but thats what i want to do when i get my `serious photos` head on, i enjoyed it 30yrs ago and im sure i will enjoy it now.

sadly the old nikkors seem to be a lot more expensive over here than they do in the states, will maybe have to start importing them and make some money!!!!

pc

meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D90New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow