LX7 versus GF2,GF3,GF5 etc

Started Nov 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kevdog
Senior MemberPosts: 1,352Gear list
Like?
Re: LX7 versus GF2,GF3,GF5 etc
In reply to Geekapoo, Dec 3, 2012

Geekapoo wrote:

Easy question because it is soooo obvious.....the SENSORs for the m43 cameras are so superior to that of the LX7 that your question's answer is a no-brainer. No contest between the LX7 and an m43 camera (though do think the GF2 a bit of a dog)

Richard

As long as you put a nice lens or two or 3 in front of that great sensor.

I found with the E-PM1 and XZ-1 that the super fast and super clear lens of the XZ-1 made up for the better sensor and slow kit lens.  2 stop advantage for the lens makes up for a 2 stop advantage for the sensor.

Of course things have changed since then and you have the E-PM2, but you also have the XZ-2.  I bet its still a pretty close call.  And I'm also betting the LX7 is similar (though I haven't read up on it).

So if you do not want to buy more lenses, it's probably still a toss up between the two.

Kevdog's gear list:Kevdog's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow