Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
de7geitjes
Forum MemberPosts: 84
Like?
The importance of a fast prime, SEL50F18
Dec 3, 2012

It was quit dark inside but if you use a reasonably fast prime like the SEL50F18 wide open you don't have to use the flash. Even bouncing the flash on the wall and/or ceiling gives a different view of the situation. So i prefer using no flash when i don't have to, it's also less of a burden for them. I am sure the Zeis 24F18 can give you even lower shutterspeed.

All brothers and sisters had to use flash with there Canon zoom lens F/2.8 and some even gave up shooting pictures because of the blurry pictures.

Here in the Netherlands we have Sinterklaas instead of Santa Claus and yes we also celebrate Christmas. Sinterklaas's birthday is on the 6 of December but my parents celebrated it on the Sunday. This is my 67 year old father for whom it is getting all abit too much with all his children, there wife's, there husbands and grandchildren around him, 20 in total. Poor father of mine.

I can really recommend a fast prime like SEL50F18 or (i think) better the Zeiss 24F18. Especially indoors a zoomlens is just too slow even F/2.8.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow