ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Snooker
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Just ordered an Olympus XZ-2
Dec 3, 2012

Hi everybody,

Since I started developing an interest in concert photography lately (and most venues don't allow access with an DSLR-camera) I decided to sell my Canon 350d gear, and look around for a nice high-end compact camera. Since a fast lens was one of my top priorities, I first looked into a Panasonic DMC-LX7. later on I was tipped that an XZ-2 might be what I was looking for. Slightly less fast lens, slightly longer focal distance... image quality of the XZ-2 looked very good to me, based on the examples I have found. Also the folding display might come in handy when doing overhead shots and frog perspectives. And I heard that the LX7 has no possibililty to sitch of the focus beep.. which is a dealbreaker to me, since I'm often at low-volume singer-songwriter concerts.
So anyhow, I pulled the trigger and ordered the XZ-2, and just wanted to share that. Going to pick it up later today!

Canon EOS 350D (EOS Digital Rebel XT / EOS Kiss Digital N) Olympus XZ-2 iHS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow