Just finished a day of shooting the Panasonic 35-100mm...

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Pro Jules
Regular MemberPosts: 300
Like?
Re: Just finished a day of shooting the Panasonic 35-100mm...
In reply to Ivar Dahl Larsen, Dec 3, 2012

Ivar Dahl Larsen wrote:

Hello again. As I said previously in this thread Tenken777, you helped me make up my mind as well as other things naturally and today I'll pick up my sample of the 35-100mm/2,8 Panasonic lens. That shall reduce my working lenses to just three. This one mentioned, the 14-45mm and the 20mm/1,7

Yep, that's it, glued to G3, G5 and GH2 but not in the order mentioned. Take care everyone.

-- hide signature --

idl

Hmmmm....

I wonder if always out of focus backgrounds with bokeh will get tiresome?

Is this why you include the 20mm/1,7?

I mean the isolated subject is nice when required, but for example if I were to take a snap of my kids in Times Square NYC on holiday, it would be a drag if all the neon and buildings were just indistinct blurs... You might end up with a boring collection of photos where your family is just situated in one semi blurry environment after another and no real feeling for where they actually are...

Blurry India?

Blurry New York?

Blurry London?

I personally equate 'wide angle' with black and white Leica reportage photos where everything in shot is tack sharp, providing a brain tickling info overload (in a good way)

I can see myself getting the 35-100 2.8 for sports days & school plays but have a question mark about the 12-45 for this reason.

Discuss / advise please

Thanks

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow