organizing file with lightroom or silkypix picasa?

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hinting
Contributing MemberPosts: 743Gear list
Like?
organizing file with lightroom or silkypix picasa?
Dec 3, 2012

Raw photo and management workflow choice for Micro four thirds (GX1 and EM5)... comments please!
I have tens of thousands of photos currently working under Year-Month-Date-Subject folder structure on external harddrives.
I used Silkypix Pro 5 for raw processing and metadata. Picasa for handling keyword and sorting for the last couple of years.  I must admit I become very efficient with Silkypix, so you can substitute it with any of your favourite raw software.
I am considering the benefit of the Lightroom 4 develop module, but that may forces me into using Lightroom for organising as well.
How good/efficient is lightroom using as a management software? Is it flexible with switching drives and renaming folders? (redirecting catalog).  How does it compare with picasa in speed  with its organise module?  Anyone experience with both lightroom and picasa can comment?  Reasons for your preference?
System/workflow setup is a long term thing and your advice is much appreciated.

Workflow? what do you prefer

hinting's gear list:hinting's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Leica M-Monochrom Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +49 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow