Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gammada
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Any tips for shooting an event?
Dec 3, 2012

I've been assigned to cover a couple of cocktails for two of my most important clients. The thing here is that I don't have that much of an experience dealing with this kind of photography, nor do I think that I have the best equipment to move forward with this task, so I'll have to learn fast and to make the best use out of what I've got.

My current equipment is basically this:

1. Nikon D7000

2. Nikkor 50mm f1.8

3. Nikkor 18-105mm f3.5 VR

4. Nikkor 70-300mm f4

5. Nikon SB800

6. Nikon SB700

7. RF triggers for both flashes

The locations am attending are somewhat small and both have white ceilings from which to bounce the light off. The taller one, has a 18-20ft ceiling and will be probably be in a low-light mood. The other location has a perfect ceiling from which to bounce the flash, but there's glass on 3 of its 4 faces. Also, it will be well-lit.

So, based on your experience, what should I do in order to get the most out of the flashes? Should I use only one, or both? on or off camera? I have no such things as modifiers (except for some DIY thingies that I've done). I'm only planning to take a black cloth with me in order to avoid spilling the flash to unwanted areas.

What lenses do you think will work best for me? I must definitely be doing group and single or couple subject portraits. Also, I need to capture video sequences for the event that will be less lit-up.

Any tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow