Canons most popular cameras among photojournalists?

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kabe Luna
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,367Gear list
Like?
Canons most popular cameras among photojournalists?
Dec 3, 2012

I came across an interesting article today on Flipboard. According to Reuters , a staggering 81.9% of their top 95 images of the year were taken with either Canon 5D2, 5D3, 1DIV or 1DX cameras. I find this surprising since for the past five years Nikon has been fielding at least competitive (some would argue "superior") products and some of its core technologies–such as sophisticated and reliable ambient and flash metering, and color-aware 51-pt AF–would make the job of a PJ easier. Yet in five years, Nikon apparently still hasn't made significant enough inroads among professional photojournalist to see a meaningful number of images made with its gear. I mean, there is no appearance of Nikon D300 or D700 cameras, even though about 3% of images were taken with the older, also-12 MP Canon 5D.

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/12/02/the-most-popular-cameras-and-settings-for-reuters-best-photos-of-the-year-2012/

-- hide signature --
 Kabe Luna's gear list:Kabe Luna's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Df Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +8 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D Nikon D300 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow