LR4 import problem and Adobe Lightroom 4 books

Started Dec 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sailor Blue
Senior MemberPosts: 6,514Gear list
Like?
Re: LR4 import problem and Adobe Lightroom 4 books
In reply to twan, Dec 3, 2012

twan wrote:

I don't know how but it seems like the latest backuped catalog is fine now.

Can I just copy that backup to the locatie where I've saved the new catalog and delete de new one?

Then I can work again the the latest backup which is fine for me.

Thank for your help guys!!

When you open Lightroom just select the backup catalog instead of the regular one.  That will cause the backup catalog to open.  Now when you exit save the catalog and you should be set.

Two important things to do is always save the catalog backup whenever you bring in new images or edit images and to keep the backup on a different hard drive than the catalog. That way if the disk with the catalog fails you still have a backup catalog.

Just remember that every time you save the catalog it overwrites the previous version but every time you write a backup catalog it simply adds a new backup.  Go into the backup catalog file folder every few backups and delete the oldest ones.  I only keep the two latest backups.

Naturally you should also keep a backup copy of your images on a separate hard disk.  I usually update the backup disk at least once a week if I'm adding new images or editing.  I keep a copy of the last backup on that disk too.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Canon EOS 7D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow