OK ALL YOU full frame camera fanatics

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
John King
Forum ProPosts: 12,792Gear list
Like?
Re: Some understand, some don't
In reply to vyokyong, Dec 3, 2012

Gidday VY (or VK ... ?)

An interesting set of observations that are balanced and pertain to photography, rather than an essential part of owning a dairy cattle herd ...

Thanks very much for making the effort, and for taking the time.

Only one suggestion, and a counsel of perfection at that - Maybe including a set of similar images from your 5D II would allow for a comparison as much as web images ever do.

IMNSHO, web resolution images are only really good for seeing 1) if a photo appeals to one as to subject matter; 2) whether there are serious technical flaws in it (the minor ones simply cannot be seen at 72/96/108 dpi with the crappy colour management in most browsers); 3) the general composition of form, line and colour.

I, for one, accept that the images from two different cameras with different lenses are never going to be even approximately the same ... .

-- hide signature --

Regards, john from Melbourne, Australia.
(see profile for current gear)
Please do not embed images from my web site without prior permission
I consider this to be a breach of my copyright.
-- -- --
The Camera doth not make the Man (nor Woman) ...
Perhaps being kind to cats, dogs & children does ...
I am a Photography Aficionado ... and ...
"I don't have any problems with John. He is a crotchety old Aussie. He will smack you if you behave like a d**k. Goes with the territory." boggis the cat
Gallery: http://canopuscomputing.com.au/gallery2/v/main-page/

Bird Control Officers on active service.

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow