Why I need a built-in flash on the little Olympus (and the accessory flash is ...

Started Dec 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 8,823Gear list
Like?
Why I need a built-in flash on the little Olympus (and the accessory flash is ...
Dec 2, 2012

… rubbish!).

I do a bit of travel writing and anyway, I like an ever-ready camera on hand at all times. Among other things, I like to grab a shot of food I'm offered. in this case. a pizza.

The restaurant lighting wasn't up to much and the E-PL3 couldn't make much of it anyway. Here's my shot (not that this was one of those rare instances where it looks as though the IBIS worked -- well, that's something!).

Not very appetizing, but I was photographing it precisely because it WAS appetizing!

If I had had a built-in flash I would have fired that up, of course, but the E-PL3 doesn’t have such a thing -- it should -- and I'm not about to carry that stupid little add-on flash around all the time in case of occasional need.

Fortunately in this case it was still daylight outside, so to the amazement of the staff at the Gateway Pizza restaurant in Port Moresby, I carried my pizza outside to take its picture.

Ah! That looks tastier!!!

Much improved.

But I should have been able to take it at the table.

WITH THE BUILT-IN FLASH THAT YOU DIDN’T BUILD IN, OLYMPUS!!!

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Olympus PEN E-PL3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow