Happy new owner xPro1 but ... need help about raw conversion !

Started Dec 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
designdog
Contributing MemberPosts: 953Gear list
Like?
Re: Happy new owner xPro1 but ... need help about raw conversion !
In reply to IrishhAndy, Dec 2, 2012

You can still use Lightroom with your jpegs — to further process them, to catalog and manage them, and to post to a variety of services.

I have spent years processing raw files in Photoshop and Lightroom and was hugely disappointed with the spotty support for the Fuji sensor (whoever's fault it is.) But the jpeg images are so good! And, by shooting in jpeg + raw, I can still have the raw files for certain images I want to fully process.

With a lot of work I can make most raw files look as good as the Fuji jpegs, unless there is some smearing I cannot fix. But why work so hard?

Someday Fuji/Adobe will sort things out. If there was NO raw support, as with Aperture, DxO, etc. I would be worried. But Adobe has made an important first step, and I have faith in them.

designdog's gear list:designdog's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow