70-300 L and a beautiful girl..

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,690Gear list
Like?
Re: 70-300 L and a beautiful girl..
In reply to Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee, Dec 2, 2012

Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee wrote:

p.s. none of these have received any sharpening..

You can't comment on the lenses which other people have unless you try them. They all vary. My 70-300 L is the sharpest lens I've ever had, not that I care that much about it.

Fully agree!

Since you don't have a 300 f/2.8 II it is hard for you to understand the quality level I am talking about

These are the first sharp images I've ever seen from you posted here.

How did you process them without any sharpening?

Either LightRoom, Aperture, Capture One and DPP apply a certain sharpening

I've used either the 70-300, 70-200ds and the two different 300drs f/2.8 and the 400 f/2.8 and the Sigma 100-300 f/4.0

All 300 f/2.8s I had in my hands are by far the sharpest of them all. Mine is just one of them.

I am not talking about MY equipment - I am talking about the bunch of equipment I use from time to time. I tend to rent things I am interested in.

After a long trial phase I bought finally A 300 f/2.8 - it happens to be the type II but I would not hesitate to get one of the older ones - IMHO not beatable.

I've not had the OS version of the 120-300 in my hands but after our long discussion I am tempted to rent one to see if it is as bad as the previous 120-300 I've tried.

You're fully fight - you can't comment on 300 mm lenses you've never tested on your own

btw - at f/5.6 the DOF should be so big that the AF has no huige problems to get it right - at f/2.8 and 300 mm things are a bit different

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow