Started Dec 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
n057
Senior MemberPosts: 2,895Gear list
Like?
Re: waiting for my (new to me) d200.
In reply to meagre offerings, Dec 2, 2012

nikonFboy wrote:

hi

thanks for your replies, im sure i will use the AF, but i actually enjoyed the manual focusing and metering, i felt like i was taking the photo and the camera was there to assist me, not the other way around.

maybe im just neanderthal, but there are a few of us out there who want to be involved and not just there to point and press the button. i have nothing against that, its just not where i got my enjoyment from in photography.

That's cool, just that digital cameras do not have fresnel, split screens and microprism as in the old days. The viewfinder has a ground glass of sorts, but focusing on that is not very obvious for our tired old eyes. Focusing rings on modern lenses have limited travel, si you have to be meticulous when focusing.

The camera still have enough bells and whistles and doodah's that you will enjoy your D200 as I do mine, nevertheless

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

n057's gear list:n057's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow