NEX 6 with Zeiss 24mm is a great combo

Started Dec 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
New MemberPosts: 12
Re: NEX 6 with Zeiss 24mm is a great combo
In reply to Foniks, Dec 2, 2012

Foniks wrote:

Yup just bought it - and it is a fantastic combo. I bought a Nex 5 when they first came out, but it's awful menu system combined with the fact mine was in Japanese put me off for a while. I gave that to my wife and continued with M43 for a while.

But I have loved the output I've seen from the Nex series, and there are some interesting lenses on the horizon. So I caved and bought the Nex 6 - and about a week later I found a Zeiss 24mm in stock (was lucky!). It handles great, and the menu system has been refined (and is easier to understand in english!) - Love it.

I'm with you on that one, I came from the NEX 5n. Great camera but the lack of buttons/dials made it difficult to quickly switch between settings. The NEX 6 answered all of my complaints with the 5n, slow-ish auto-focus, no hot shoe, no seperate shutter/aperture dials, and no built in EVF.

Did you here about the Zeiss lenses coming out next year? The 12mm 2.8 is going to be my next buy.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow