Anyone else have their eye on the Rokinon 8mm f2.8 Fisheye?

Started Dec 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,055Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone else have their eye on the Rokinon 8mm f2.8 Fisheye?
In reply to Daniel Lauring, Dec 2, 2012

Daniel Lauring wrote:

They are all Samyang lenses. Buy the one that is the best deal. I picked it up last week, just before heading to the F1 race in Austin. I thought I wouldn't use it much but I turned out to use it all over the place. It is tack sharp and great for taking in the entire scene. Here is an example...not technically great, but I was able to include myself in the foreground, with my brother...and you can't even tell I'm actually taking the photograph.

Me in the lower left hand corner with my two brothers. Unfortunately, no F1 cars going by in this shot.

Cool shot. I have a Nikon fisheye and the only shots with my in it included my stomach 

The Bowker labeled version is the least expensive of the 3 brands, at least at BH, and if they are indeed the same that's the one i'll go for.

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow