Liberalism is unsustainable - don't you agree?

Started Dec 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nevada5
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,646Gear list
Like?
Liberalism is unsustainable - don't you agree?
Dec 2, 2012

We know that liberalism is unsustainable but many politicians continue to pursue that path.  We are seeing the results of going down the liberal road - it's impossible to turn around.  Or is it?  Do we need to?  Do you disagree that it's unsustainable?

20 or 30 years ago the politicians argued some about fiscal issues, but compromises were easier to achieve because the consequences were not immediate.  Kicking the can down the road worked because entitlements were not so overwhelming.  But as we see, every year it is more difficult -  we now must face those consequences.

So how do we proceed?  If you are a liberal, what would your solution be? I assume you can see that we can't continue in our current direction.  A national debt of $30 trillion in a few years and/or doubling everyone's tax rates will cause and implosion.  Do you disagree?

I'm not trying to bait anyone.  I'm looking for some serious solutions from those who favor liberalism.  Are we OK to just keep going as we are?

-- hide signature --

Hey, it ain't rocket surgery.
Larry
I'm experimenting with Quantum Physics and I just discovered that I can completely destr

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow