Oly Canikon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,010
Like?
Re: Windows 8 and the needed email address
In reply to MikeFromMesa, Dec 2, 2012

MikeFromMesa wrote:

Shalom2006 wrote:

Hi

You don't have to have an email address, when you first set up windows 8, select an 'Other' account. You won't be able to use the windows store, but other than that everything will work fine.

Once set up you can set up a login password for your windows account, in User Accounts, from Control Panel.

Does that answer your queries?

The first thing I need to say is that I did not know that. I thought, from starting Windows 8, that I needed to supply an email address, so I am grateful for your post and, in a sense, it answers my question. I expect to go back into the system and re-install it using your suggestion.

Thank you very much for your help.

But it still leaves open the original question. If Windows 8 was setup using an email address and if that address disappears, what happens to the user? Will Windows 8 prevent future logins? Will it prevent future updates to the system? What, exactly, happens under that circumstance?

It won't stop the login. They are just trying to force you to set up an account in the f'ing Microsoft store. You don't have to do it. Just give a made up email address and it will let you pass that step. You won't be able to use their store.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow