Started Dec 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TheDingo
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
My first 5D MkIII video: A day in Venice, Italy
Dec 2, 2012

I recently shot my first video with the 5D MkIII and the 24-105 f/4 during a trip to Italy. I had a day in Venice and wanted to take the opportunity to take the 5D MkIII for a spin. The video was shot entirely handheld. I only had this one lens and no other accessory (no tripod, no ND filter).

Overall, for a little souvenir movie, I am happy with the outcome even though I can see the numerous flaws in my shooting:

I shot most of the movie in harsh midday sun light relying only on the LCD for my exposure, so I got a few overblown skies. Also, I had set my camera to 60fps to give me more frames for the slow motion and forgot that this would affect my shots with interior lighting (the flickering due to the Hz and and fps mismatch).

Well, I am still learning and trying to improve myself anyway, but I love the camera.

For those interested in the output, here's the link to my Venice Video Tour movie and the blog post giving some more details.

All comments are welcome, even critical ones!

Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow