Help! - SD Card shows 2.35 GB used but photo shoot can't be found

Started Dec 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
skeys
Senior MemberPosts: 1,861Gear list
Like?
Another incorrect assumption by me...
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, Dec 2, 2012

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

I'm sure you meant no harm. I'm just trying to help you to not cause any. Thanks for listening.

Based on other posts of yours I have read and the way your original post was worded, I assumed these missing LX7 shots were test shots taken with a new-to-you LX7.

With a new camera, or lens for that matter, I always just make test shots for at least the first two or three days as I already have equipment for 'keepers'. My apologies to you if this was not the case with this LX7.

I also have multiple DSLR's and an XZ-1 for my daughter, along with multiple SD cards. Because I have found moving cards from camera to camera can sometimes be problematic, I ALWAYS follow this procedure:

Connect the camera to my computer via a USB cable, upload the photos to my computer, wait until those photos have been uploaded to my cloud storage, then format the card in the camera. After the card format, I can leave the card in that camera or remove it. If I remove the card, I will format it in whichever camera I next place it.

Hope that helps.

SK

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow