Started Dec 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
painterdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,785Gear list
Like?
Not a gear complaint thread..
Dec 2, 2012

I am happy with my D800E. I may still have a left focus issue but it is a non issue in how I generally shoot today...and will deal with that with Nikon in good time. For now I am happy to shoot away.

Went north to Yellowwknife NWT in Canada recently on bizzz & had a bit of time to go visit Buffalo Air ..(Of "Ice Pilots"  Discovery channel fame ) I had wanted to hang out with Joe ( owner) ..but he was on his way out of town when I arived.Took a few snaps shots around the place anyways ..Here's a few..nuthing special.

this shot has rather over exposed highlights here ..but not so much in my file

typical through the airplane window shot

Oaky so these shots were only lightly processed through the freebee Fast Stone..which I have used a lot and clearly can't do all I need ( the second shot needs more help than I have given it ) . I want more control over my RAW shots and would love your guys imput on the best PP editor out there.

Does one have to go to the full Photshop version ..or is Elements 11 enough? I have heard great things about Light room - seen some tutrials, but it seems limited re layering and photo stacking. Is a combo of programs like Lightroom and say Elements 11 the way to go ..or is it just best to bite the bullet and go to the full $$$version of Photshop 6??

Just wondering ..and thanks in advance for any input

g

painterdude's gear list:painterdude's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D90 Nikon D800E
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow