ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JAndersB
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
AF-focus problems on Nex-6 and 18-200LE
Dec 2, 2012

Hi everybody,

have just bought a Nex-6 with 16-50 and 18-200. Have a Nikon 1 V1 from before and wanted Nikon 1 V2 but had to reject it since it only allows 3:2-format.

My Nex-6 with 18-200LE seems to be faulty though. With AF-C and normal AF  the camera finder is haunting focus even when focus is locked through pressing the reslease button. Pictures taken are sharp though but still very annoying.

The lens is also creating some sort of crash in the system randomly and stops refocusing without pressing release button, stops video recording when putting my hand on the zoom ring while finder gets dark momentarily, only refocus by pressing release button and after a restart works OK again and other radnom behaviours. Reported to Sony today.

More alarmingly I found on sony.com's forum a recent discussion:

SEL18200LE not compatible with AF Phase detection on NEX-6 and NEX-5R

Hello

The SEL18200LE (Black one) recently released is not compatible with Phase detection. I just bought one.

Did Sony will release a new firmware to support Phase detection for NEX-6 / NEX-5R?

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Hello,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to Sony User discussion forum.

Yes, SEL18200LE lens are not compatible with AF phase detection on NEX-6 and NEX-5R. We will forward your request to Engineering Team.

I feel somewhat fooled by Sony marketing since I would not have bought the 18200LE if I would have knew that. I also read on the Sony-site that PDAF does not work in video mode??

-- hide signature --

/Anders

NEX5R Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow