What's a basic, affordable Panoramic Head?

Started Nov 30, 2012 | Questions thread
sagebrushfire
Regular MemberPosts: 263Gear list
Like?
Re: What's a basic, affordable Panoramic Head?
In reply to John E Fox, Dec 2, 2012

Well that's the right Idea I think but I definitely don't even want to spend $200 ... I have tripods with heads I just need something to offset the camera from the center of the head.I've seen what I'm talking about in the form of a flash bracket on a really old camera, it was meant to move the flash off to the left/right of the camera.

All I need is to have a regular, plain tripod head where the camera is sitting 6-7 inches back from the center of the head so that rotating the tripod effectively rotates the camera on the axis of the end of the lens.

Do you think I could somehow just use the quick release plate on a normal tripod head?

http://www.adorama.com/VNQBF51L.html?gclid=CLvE44iY-7MCFQuCQgodgmgAKA

If anything it might be worth buying one of  these because it will be a good base to built something custom on.

I don't know if I'm posting in the wrong forums or if this place is just dead but I've seriously had no luck getting useful responses lately, so thanks for replying.

-- hide signature --
 sagebrushfire's gear list:sagebrushfire's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow