Oxheart
Contributing MemberPosts: 876
Like?
Re: You are very welcome but......
In reply to Collett, Dec 2, 2012

Collett wrote:

DFPanno wrote:

Know that I love my 5D3!

Sure, but the very reason I would upgrade is to be able to be able to use and rely upon the outer focus points on the 5dIII. I am happy with the centerpoint performance on the 5dII, but it really limits my compositional style.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Just buy from a reputable authorized seller and do enough shooting in the return period to be sure the camera is working properly for you.  Mine was really obviously troubled, it just took me a couple of weeks to realize it wasn't me that was the problem.

Between the complicated new AF and only some of the AF points being way out of whack, and since it was tack sharp with center point, I didn't put it together immediately that only images taken with side points were OOF.

There are enough happy people with 5D3, I have to think this is not a very common issue.  Hopefully Canon will recognize the issue and come up with an efficient way of fixing the cameras that have this 'bug'.

- Michelle

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow