Started Dec 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ckoerner
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
Re: Off to greener pastures .... this place is full of non-photographers
In reply to anotherphoto, Dec 2, 2012

anotherphoto wrote:

...or with people who really shouldn't be owning expensive cameras

Lurker here, been taking photos as a hobby for a while. Recently upgraded from a D40 to a D800. No, that's not a typo.

Whoa whoa whoa. Who gets to say what someone should or shouldn't own? Not you in the least. One of the reasons I don't post here? Because of guys with a poor attitude like you.

I try to remain positive when engaging in dialog with people, but when you launch into a diatribe about the state of a community and you start by defining it according to your own narrow definitions, that doesn't contribute much to the conversation. If you don't want to put in the effort to make the community a positive and constructive one, the leave.

But I encourage you to stay. You and everyone else who says this place is going to pot. (It's not, by the way.)

It's easier to bitch about something than it is to do something about it. So stay, grit your teeth at the weird inane stuff, help people who are confused as to which end of the lens is up and make it a community worth being a member of.

If you post has any redeeming value it will be in that one random person has created an account and will be sticking around.

http://xkcd.com/1053/

ckoerner's gear list:ckoerner's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow