E-510 card door issue, severely not serious, your milage?

Started Dec 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
panometrical
Regular MemberPosts: 119Gear list
Like?
E-510 card door issue, severely not serious, your milage?
Dec 2, 2012

My E-510 is, oh goodness, five years-old now, and while for the last year it's been supplanted by the E-5 as my primary shooter there's just no way I could, as I could and did my E-500, part with this camera. I still use it from time to time as a light-weight option and it's always in my bag as a back-up, and I still forever regret not buying it with its 14-42 kit lens which would now make sense, but it has developed a problem, for me me anyway: the card door now often adheres to my right hand and pops open, which on this model cancels any writes in progress. I've tried a bit of tape but it feels nasty and doesn't last a day, and so I ask: Has anyone else experienced this with the 510? Is there a part I could replace that would make the friction fit like new?
Four-Thirds Talk members, what are you hanging onto? I don't miss the E-500, even with its beloved Kodak sensor, but I do miss those kit lenses I sold it with - I have much better glass now but so much heavier, what's your creative ne plus ultra body or accessory, and if it's not your Pana-Leica 25/1.4 let's talk about a sale. And if I had an E-1, -- meh price it under 200 and I'll pay the shipping. 
Been a year now since I got my E-5, I'd take this time out to discuss its virtues, but preaching to the choir, if you know this camera you already know what I have to say. It's not quite invisble, no current camera is, and with its heft maybe it could never be, but pick it up and you can't hesitate to try your hardest...and so often I and likely many of you do.

panometrical's gear list:panometrical's gear list
Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Nikon D3200 Olympus E-M1 +12 more
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow