The question that has been asked many times but........

Started Dec 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ADAM60191
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
The question that has been asked many times but........
Dec 2, 2012

A little different

Hi guys,

I have been searching the web for +10 hours, reading prefessional reviews, owner reviews, side by side reviews but none really answers my question which is......"what women wants" to stay tru to the movie title.

One thing I did find during these 10 hours is the experts in this forum and hoping to become part of the family.

I personally loves photography, mostly my kids but also nature, buildings etc.......this though is about my wife.

I bought her some years ago now, maybe 4 a Pana Z28 P&S and no it's finally at the point where flash doesnt work, both our batteries drained etc.

While she liked this camery she was and is constantly talking about taking the next step to a more advanced DSLR. Now I know my wife and she knows me. She would never buy anything herself that involves electronics as she has no patience for research on such.

OKay okay, enough about the personal life. Here begins the actual question:

Based on my wife who loves to take photos of just about everything, does enjoy to get technical, get hands dirty, closeups etc. but my question after hours of research still stands unresolved.

Money availabe for used equipment is around $500.

1. Newer entry model DSLR kit? suggestions? Have been looking and liking Pentax KX, Canon models similar, forgot the specs now......to many camera names in my head.

2. Or older Prosumer kit? Suggestions? Have been looking and liking Canon 40D, Pentax K20D.

And then, based on the limited information of my wife what would be a good choice. the 7th & 8th hour in between there I even got to read about the ILC or ICL, the compact with interchangeable lenses and advanced compact amoung others but dont think that is the route.

For the sake of me (my wife is starting to questioning the hours on the laptop) please help in any way you can 

Canon EOS 40D Pentax K20D Pentax K-x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow