Re: Thanks New Zealand.
In reply to lownine, Dec 2, 2012

lownine wrote:

Roger99 wrote:

lownine wrote:

Roger99 wrote:

lownine wrote:

D P O'neil wrote:

We do what we can, not bad for a small country.

We're happy to have American ships back in our ports the minute they confirm they are niether nuclear armed or powered.

I think you're gonna have to find some other way to be happy. By the way, there are no "secret" power plants. All the propulsion methods are widely and freely known.

No-one said anything about secret power plants.

Apparently, you think that the power source pushing ships through the water is unknown and that New Zealand demands that visiting ships tell them, in advance, how they make the propeller go round and round.

Um, no. Not at all. I think you might be off on some odd tangent there.

The waters around New Zealand are deemed a nuclear free zone and as such no significant devices relying on nuclear technology are allowed to enter that zone or it's harbors. That's pretty much all there is to it. Secrecy is irrelevant. Nuclear material can be detected externally if it really came down to it but most ships are known and listed for these characteristics.

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Did you not say NZ requires confirmation of the power plant?

Whales don't have smoke stacks or power plants,,,, IT'S ABOUT THE WHALES,,,, you three.

Andy

-- hide signature --

You don't need a long neck to be a goose, do ya?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow