Started Dec 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Neurad1
Contributing MemberPosts: 993Gear list
Like?
Cokin filters on M4/3 system.
Dec 1, 2012

I recently sent my old Nikon D200 to Adorama and used the credit toward purchase of an Oly OMD EM-5, which I am very happy with. However, because I am a bit of  an idiot, I also sent them what I thought would be an unusuable Cokin filter holder, adapter ring, and Varicolor Blue Yellow filter. At the time I believed I would not be able to use that filter system on the M4/3 camera (an opinion which the guy at Adorama shared).. Now I believe that I may have been wrong about that. I really enjoyed using the Varicolor filter while I had it, and would like to re-acquire that filter capability for landscape and building shots. So.....my question is this: Would the P system be ridiculously cumbersome on the front of the OMD (which I guess will make me feel better since I stupidly sent it off for very little credit)? Or is this still the size I want to avoid vignetting on wide angle m4/3 lenses? Would the "A system" be a better match? Is there an even better system that will allow easier use of the filter system with different lenses without having to purchase many adapter rings of different sizes? I have several m4/3 lenses.....

Please advise. I appreciate any help.

Neurad1's gear list:Neurad1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 +29 more
Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow