Tommot1965
Contributing MemberPosts: 887
Like?
Re: Too soon for a decision.
In reply to Billx08, Dec 1, 2012

Billx08 wrote:

Wah Chan wrote:

mainenikon wrote:

Hi everyone. Hoping to get some advice. I plan to set up a photography business/studio using a D600 and 1 or two SB-700 flashes (and umbrellas, etc). In the winter I'll shoot portraits inside. In the warmer months I want to shoot portraits outside at various interesting locations. I'm torn between the 24mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.4. I know the 85mm is an awesome portrait lens. But I also would like to use my D600 to shoot the night sky when not doing portraits (hence the 24mm). Will the 24mm work well inside a small studio using flashes/umbrellas, etc or is it just too wide for that? Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

The Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 is the best for your need.

That assumes that mainenikon isn't a troll, the type that creates a new ID just to post a silly question and then disappear. Anyone that knows the bare minimum to earn the label "photographer" should know the answer to the OP's question or they'd have no hope of being able to run a successful business. If he's not a troll, he (or she) has a lot of studying and learning to do. I wonder what kind of backup gear is being contemplated. Anything? How about enough computer equipment to store multiple archives of the photos, the kind that successful portrait photographers know is necessary to protect not only themselves but their customers as well? It looks to me like he's learned just enough to be able to ask the wrong questions.

Totally agree with Bill ...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow