ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AllanW
Senior MemberPosts: 1,161Gear list
Like?
Moving back to windows - totally confused on hardware options
Dec 1, 2012

Hi all

I need to upgrade my poor old IMac and will wait to havereel look at the upcoming model due for release this month. That said, after playing with windows 8 I have all but decided to move back to windows.

My primary reason for the move back is that I want a better (more colour accurate) monitor. I am considering the NEC range.

The other reason is that I want to use windows specific software without having to use parallels or bootcamp.

So not I have a hardware dilemma. Do I buys tower to use with the monitor or should I buy a powerful laptop? My son had a dell laptop which died in just over a year, so I am a little concerned about the life span of a laptop versus a custom built tower.

Obviously a laptop would give me some portability which is nice but not essential. Still, it would be handy for on site tethering.

Happy to hear thoughts from experienced techies.  I am not a techie so I don't understand the pros cons from that perspective.

Sorry for the typos.  Typing on an iPad which is killing me with auto correct.--

Time Goes By!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow