Methods of Calculating Relative Background Blur

Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
timedrun
Contributing MemberPosts: 643Gear list
Like?
Re: Simplifications and their understandable limits.
In reply to Detail Man, Dec 1, 2012

It is always easier bayoneting the straw man than a real opponent.

I simply say this, the quality of a oof areas is subjective, and not worth measuring, the quantity of oof areas is so easy to assess by eye that exaggerated, and frankly flawed, methods of measuring it is foolish.

It is in fact more productive trying to measure the quality as it is the quantity, as the quantity can easily be seen by eye, by even a non photograher, a child even.

You are basically taking a subjective and immotive preference, conflabulating it into the objective, and, in a massive non sequitor, attempting to measure the irrelevant and very easy to emprically assess part, and have laid out a Rude Goldbergesque method of so doing.

It's sort of like trying to measure how hungry someone is. Yes it is measurable, and quantifiable relatively, but utterly, and equally, pointless. OOF areas, and hunger, are just so easy to empirically assess that equations are not needed.

The app I use helps me to get to grips with the important parts of focus, which is why someone made an app for it. Not, stick the 85 to f1.4 and take a picture of my cat and see how blurry the backgound is.

As always I wish you the very best of luck.

-- hide signature --

A little green rosetta......a tiny green rosetta........

timedrun's gear list:timedrun's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow