Started Dec 1, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
InterloperKO
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Canon telephoto Funny but serious question
Dec 1, 2012

Hi folks, I stole my wife's xmas present last year, a T3i. I've been learning and picking up different lenses all basically <400 bucks. I've been lacking a telephoto lens, and now looking these up.

First I started looking at Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III. From there, I found adding a bit more funds I could get a Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di VC USD XLD. Then of course I figured, well I might as well get canon 70-300 L f/4.

Of course of which at that point I contemplated getting the IS version. I did this after an entire day of reading reviews and such online. Near the end of my decision, reviewing the canon f4 IS sample photos on amaz0n I questioned everything I was doing.

At this point I figured for the money and amateur use I might as well just get the cheapie 300mm f4/5.6 and learn to use without IS first. Then maybe upgrade later.

The pics on the f4 IS on "that" site looked.. not convincing, for almost 600% cost

What do you all think? I wanted to have a prized L lens for once and have the means to take much better photos if needed. What I shoot primarily is my first born, now 1 year old. I've been asked to do weddings, and also would like to maybe hit up some birds, deer at the ranch.

Anyone been in these shoes?

I'm basically at the point of flipping a coin, but thought someone might feel me

Thanks in advance

ANSWER:
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow