Xpro 1 OVF inaccuracies..

Started Dec 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vic Chapman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,234Gear list
Like?
Re: Xpro 1 OVF inaccuracies..
In reply to shawnfb, Dec 1, 2012

shawnfb wrote:

Playing with my new XPro 1 this morning, I am understanding the OVF vs the EVF .. but I am not so sure it works very well

the spot focus in OVF mode is always off center.. I ( and the green rectangle) am focusing at my subject, come to find out, my camera is focusing down and to the right when I preview the pic, ... I am not able to take a picture of what I want.... in OVF mode.. EVF.... works fine.

I tried indoors, and outdoors, with 18-55 ranges.. not once has the OVF been accurate for me:(

what gives?? this makes no sense to me.. why bother with having OVF if it isn't accurate.

sorry for the additional thread in this matter...

thanks

-- hide signature --

shawn

Briefly - I'm not sure that you have understood the OVF and I'm sure it's working perfectly - as far OVF can. If you want accurate - don't use OVF use EVF.

Try using the OVF (but read the manual first), and combine it with zone focusing and a smaller aperture - I'll bet you've been shooting at wide aperture where any inaccuracy will be very noticeable.

I used proper rangefinders many years ago and even I had to retrain myself - mind you - I do wish we could have real rangefinder focus in the X series which would make things easier all round.

Vic

-- hide signature --

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small - that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow