Happy new owner xPro1 but ... need help about raw conversion !

Started Dec 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Suiteki
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Happy new owner xPro1 but ... need help about raw conversion !
Dec 1, 2012

Hello kind people,

Two weeks ago I received my XPro1 with 35 and 60mm

I'm not a professional photographer, just hobbier and I'm leading a food blog :

Le Gourmet Végétarien

I'm very pleased with the camera and lenses, overall enjoying taking pictures with this combo and pleased with the potential I've seen in a lot of posts ... but not yet with my results

I thought that the discussion about raw converter was a matter of "Pixel Peepers" ... and as I've just used Lightroom so far, really I observe that it takes out a lot of details to the XPro1 raw files !

In the previous months I remember of someone who gave good tips as to loose less details (without spending so much time), consisting first in converting the raw files with a first software into tiff, and then to go on processing with Lightroom.

Could you please help me if you know or have a good and simple solution for me ???  I'm on Mac OS 10.6.8

I love lightroom and mostly know how to use it as a developpment software and to organize my pics. So, if I can avoid to thraw it to the trash, I'd appreciate ... but it's sure that by now I'll no longer use lightroom as a raw converter for Xpro1 RAF.

So please, some advice? Some cheap solution to improve "80%" my results, or some solution more expansive if it really worses it. I'm OK to make an effort if I've to learn using other interface, under the condition that il will allow the trans sensor to express its portential.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and help!

Philippe

Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow