Started Dec 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Paul Graber
Regular MemberPosts: 359Gear list
Like?
Re: Two identical cameras in Lightroom
In reply to soloryb, Dec 1, 2012

soloryb wrote:

Paul Graber wrote:

My wife and I both download all of our images into LR, and have done for some years. We can always tell who took what by the info on camera, lens etc. However, I'm thinking of replacing our current (same brand but different model) DSLRs with identical Panny G5s. Two problems strike me about how LR is going to react:-

1 We won't be able to figure out who took what, except perhaps by checking on lens used for an image.

2 Both cameras will presumably use identical numbering regimes - so we are likely to have duplicated numbers for different images. (Maybe I should cross-post this in the M43 forum so that someone who knows if a G5 can be tweaked to alter the numbering can answer.)

Can any LR expert throw any light on how to get round this issue? Many thanks.

-- hide signature --

Paul Graber

Lightroom can sort photos according to the camera's serial number - which will be unique for your or your wife's camera. In the library module - with grid selected - just assign one of the metadata sorting columns to 'camera serial number' and you're all set.

Ah, that might crack it! Still need to finds a way of ensuring I don't have duplicated image numbers though.

-- hide signature --

Paul Graber

Paul Graber's gear list:Paul Graber's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow