Started Dec 1, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Russ Holland
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
Question re SLT-A57 shutter
Dec 1, 2012

Hi, I've just brought an a57 and I love it!  However, my question is to other users of these new type SLT cameras:

With a 'traditional' DSLR when you press the shutter you get the 'clunk' sound which, as I understand it, is actually operating the shutter.  With digital point and shoot pocket cameras (and phone cameras), there is a delay when you press the shutter, but the DSLR is instant.

With this SLT, it seems to make an electronic noise when taking a photograph, not like a clunky click shutter sound.  So, my question is, does the a57 style shutter work the same way as a DSLR, or is it just a digital point/shoot mechanism with a delay when you press the shutter (even though the delay is a very acceptable 0.05 sec according to the manual)?

I hope you know what I mean?  I am new to the SLT equipment (2 days!) and the reason I brought my first DSLR was to get the instant shutter.

Thanks.

Russ

Russ Holland's gear list:Russ Holland's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +1 more
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow