Nex 5N or Canon 60D for slide copying?

Started Nov 29, 2012 | Questions thread
rifo
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Re: too complex
In reply to rifo, Dec 1, 2012

Some wrap-up info. (For the next person searching for this kind of info.)

The dirt was on the sensor, not the lens. Solved that.

I have managed to get 99% of the slide in the frame. I can't get the lower left corner to fit in the frame properly, but I get too overcoverage of the upper right, as if the alignment is a bit off. I haven't been able to figure out if that's the bellows' fault or the duplicator's fault. Something isn't aligned properly.

Now I understand why there are so many FL bellows on the market, and why they're so cheap. The bellows don't hold the planes perfectly parallel, so unless I "push" them into place with my hands a bit, the slides will have horizontal or vertical distortion. It wouldn't ordinarily be an issue, but a couple of mm makes a huge difference.

The rail is *just* long enough to get pretty much all of the slide in the frame with the Nex, but it really needs another 2-3cm for wiggle room. If there was a way to remount all of this on a longer rail, that would be ideal.

The slide duplicator has a nice setup, too. Again, a longer rail would be perfect.

I'll try to get my hands on a cheap 35mm and see if I can get the extra FOV. The 3.5 runs in the $20-$30 range. I already have an M35mm/2.0 that I use for other stuff. It's cheaper to buy an FD 3.5 than buying $100 worth of mounting rings, etc. for the M lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow