From engaged enthusiasts to plain gullible.

Started Dec 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
PhotoKhan
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,928Gear list
Like?
Re: Troll?
In reply to Lemming51, Dec 1, 2012

Lemming51 wrote:

PhotoKhan wrote:

Just read this:

http://www.lenstip.com/358.11-Lens_review-Canon_EF_24-70_mm_f_2.8L_II_USM_Summary.html

The "Cons" list is in tune with the shortcomings also noted by "Photozone.de":

These would be kind of acceptable:

• lateral chromatic aberration corrected in a worse way than that of the rivals
  • huge vignetting on full frame,
  • weak performance against bright light

If it it was not for this:

• exorbitant price.

If the idea is to have under-performance at exorbitant prices, we already have Leica and their "M" cameras, than you very much, Canon.

Don't forget to also thank Nikon, and Zeiss.

Above is a selective quote from LensTip.

I can do that, too:

• "I am pleased that the new lens is much better than its predecessor in almost all categories."
  • "Its high build quality and good optical properties are exactly those features professional photographers are looking for. "
  • "In regard to that aspect the lens won’t disappoint you for sure."
  • "You must honestly say, though, that when it comes to the resolution the Canon, along with the Nikkor and the Sony/Zeiss, fares the best, leaving all the products of the rival companies far behind."
  • "the fact that new constructions, with cutting edge optics and mechanics solutions, have to be expensive. Their designing and production have involved considerable financial outlays which should be returned."

-- hide signature --

Unapologetic Canon Apologist

So, integrally reproducing the "Cons" (...and, by noting it, implying that there must be "Pros"...) and putting them in perspective against the price is "selective quoting"?...Curious concept...

PK

-- hide signature --

“Loose praise may feed my ego but constructive criticism advances my skills”
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.pbase.com/photokhan
(PBase Supporter)
-------------------------------------------------

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow