Feisol leg angle modification

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kuppenbender
Senior MemberPosts: 1,809Gear list
Like?
Re: Feisol leg angle modification
In reply to swalkeratvail, Dec 1, 2012

swalkeratvail wrote:

I have had absolutely no problems with the tripod feeling like it was going to tip over, even with the legs adjusted to the first stop. I typically use something like a D700 along with a 24 to 70 f2.8 zoom. I have also use the tripod with a 82mm spotting scope, which I think is even a bigger test. It works fine, is plenty stable (if there is not too much wind), and does not seem prone to tipping over even with the legs at the first stop.

A quick trawl through the Manfrotto and Gitzo websites would appear to indicate that they agree with you. I looked at a dozen or so tripods and they all had lega anglesoff either 23 or 24 degrees compared to the Feisol ct3442' wider 25 degrees.

The Gitzo tripod owned by the OP is no longer in production.

Good luck to the OP with the modification specific to his own needs, but this thread has had the (obviously unintended) result of scare-mongering, and the mis-representation of Feisol of doing something unusual.

Kuppenbender's gear list:Kuppenbender's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow