Attn D800 and D600 users (battery issue)

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
winter1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,646Gear list
Like?
I had a problem also
In reply to bkushner, Dec 1, 2012

The battery for my d800 went to 1 life cycle after 4-5 charges max.  I have never seen this with any other Nikon battery and I have had a few!  My D700 batteries that have had many charges still perform well and show no signs of degradation and no movement on the life meter.

I too reported this to Nikon.  They asked me to send it in but I had no spare so just left it.  They also said the battery was not covered under warranty but send it in and they would (out of the kindness of their hearts) have a look.   I contacted Amazon UK from where I purchased the D800 and they actually sent me free of charge and next day a brand new Battery that seems to be performing OK.  No questions asked, they just sent it!  High praise indeed for Amazon  as they went over and above and that's why I buy from them.

Nikon, well they just make pretty much everything a PITA!  No doubt in my mind, there is a problem with some of these new batteries.  The problem battery doesnt seem to have degraded any further (still at 1 life cycle).  Guess I should send it back to Nikon but it's a pain trying to deal with them.

Keep an eye on yours and good luck if you have to deal with Nikon UK!

Cheers, Mark.

winter1's gear list:winter1's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D800 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow